Sarasota County's annual report of the projects, programs and initiatives undertaken during the previous year, along with financial information to demonstrate the county's stewardship of taxpayer funds, is now available.
If you have questions, requests, comments, compliments or concerns about Sarasota County you can connect with us in multiple ways.
Provides live coverage of county/city Commission meetings and work sessions as well as programming about county/city programs and services.
For media inquiries, please call 941-861-NEWS (6397) or email email@example.com. The public should call 941-861-5000 for information about any county business. Sarasota County government routinely advises the media of upcoming meetings, events and news.
For information about public records or to make a request, call 941-861-5886 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Veterans Day closures in Sarasota County
SARASOTA COUNTY - All Sarasota County government offices, including libraries, recreation centers and the Florida Department of Health in Sarasota County, will be closed Friday, Nov. 10, in observance of Veterans Day.
- Sarasota County Area Transit (SCAT) bus service, including paratransit service and the Siesta Key Breeze, will operate on a regular schedule Friday.
- Garbage will be collected as regularly scheduled Nov.10 for residential customers of unincorporated Sarasota County served by Waste Management.
- The Central County Landfill at 4000 Knights Trail Road and the Citizens' Convenience Center at 4010 Knights Trail Road in Nokomis will be open Nov. 10, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- The Central County Landfill Administration Office will be closed.
- The Chemical Collection centers at 8750 Bee Ridge Road and 250 S. Jackson Road, along with the ReUzIt Shop at 8750 Bee Ridge Road, will be closed Friday.
- Payne Park Tennis Center will be open from 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Nov. 10.
- Arlington Park and Aquatic Center will also be open noon to 5 p.m.
Englewood CRA to host Veterans Day celebration
The Englewood Community Redevelopment Area is hosting its second annual Veterans Day Celebration of Honor from 1-4 p.m. Friday, Nov. 10, at the Englewood Area Historical Museum, 1394 Old Englewood Road, Englewood.
The American Legion will provide an honor guard, and Ret. Army Col. John "Jack" McDermott will offer remarks celebrating the service and contribution of local veterans. Refreshments will be served. The event is free and open to the public.
For more information, call the Sarasota County Contact Center at 941-861-5000.