Sarasota County's annual report of the projects, programs and initiatives undertaken during the previous year, along with financial information to demonstrate the county's stewardship of taxpayer funds, is now available.
If you have questions, requests, comments, compliments or concerns about Sarasota County you can connect with us in multiple ways.
Provides live coverage of county/city Commission meetings and work sessions as well as programming about county/city programs and services.
For media inquiries, please call 941-861-NEWS (6397) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The public should call 941-861-5000 for information about any county business. Sarasota County government routinely advises the media of upcoming meetings, events and news.
For information about public records or to make a request, call 941-861-5886 or contact email@example.com.
9/11/17 - Please still shelter in place. We have NOT given the all clear yet.
- Atwater Elementary School, 4701 Huntsville Ave., North Port
- Woodland Middle School (pet friendly), 2700 Panacea Blvd., North Port
- AT CAPACITY: Brookside Middle School (pet friendly), 3636 S. Shade Ave., Sarasota
- AT CAPACITY: Southside Elementary, 1901 Webber St., Sarasota
- Phillippi Shores Elementary, 4747 S Tamiami Trial., Sarasota
- AT CAPACITY: North Port High (pet friendly), 6400 W. Price Blvd., North Port
- Heron Creek Middle (pet friendly), 6501 W. Price Blvd., North Port
- AT CAPACITY: Booker High School, 3201 N Orange Ave., Sarasota
- AT CAPACITY: Riverview High School, 1 Ram Way, Sarasota
- Gulf Gate Elementary School, 6500 S. Lockwood Ridge Road, Sarasota
In addition, two shelters will open for those residents with special needs who have registered with the county.
Additional information about shelter locations, evacuation zones and Hurricane Irma can be found at www.scgov.net or by calling the Sarasota County Contact Center at 941-861-5000.