9/11/17 - Please still shelter in place. We have NOT given the all clear yet.
- Atwater Elementary School, 4701 Huntsville Ave., North Port
- Woodland Middle School (pet friendly), 2700 Panacea Blvd., North Port
- AT CAPACITY: Brookside Middle School (pet friendly), 3636 S. Shade Ave., Sarasota
- AT CAPACITY: Southside Elementary, 1901 Webber St., Sarasota
- Phillippi Shores Elementary, 4747 S Tamiami Trial., Sarasota
- AT CAPACITY: North Port High (pet friendly), 6400 W. Price Blvd., North Port
- Heron Creek Middle (pet friendly), 6501 W. Price Blvd., North Port
- AT CAPACITY: Booker High School, 3201 N Orange Ave., Sarasota
- AT CAPACITY: Riverview High School, 1 Ram Way, Sarasota
- Gulf Gate Elementary School, 6500 S. Lockwood Ridge Road, Sarasota
In addition, two shelters will open for those residents with special needs who have registered with the county.
Additional information about shelter locations, evacuation zones and Hurricane Irma can be found at www.scgov.net or by calling the Sarasota County Contact Center at 941-861-5000.