Solid Waste: Update
Collection Services Update: Tuesday, Sept. 12, 12:30 p.m.
Due to Hurricane Irma, there will be an increase in the amount of trash and yard waste placed curbside. Collection drivers are working daily to remove the large amount of waste.
- Residential collections for garbage and yard waste will resume regular schedules on Wednesday, Sept. 13.
- Recycling materials will not be collected until further notice due to a power outage at the recycling facility.
As a reminder, all items placed curbside must be properly prepared.
- Yard waste may be placed in containers, in bags or bundled and placed at the curb for pickup.
- Items that are bundled or in containers should not exceed four feet in length and items that are in bags, containers or bundles should not exceed 40 lbs.
Additional information on preparation can be found in the How-To-Guide. For more information, call the Sarasota County Contact Center at 941-861-5000.
Construction and Demolition Facility Update:Tuesday, Sept. 12, 12:30 p.m.
Due to damage caused by Hurricane Irma, the Construction and Demolition facility at the Central County Landfill is closed until further notice.
- C&D debris may be disposed of in the Landfill (standard tipping fees will apply) or taken to an alternative facility.
Residential Trash Pickup
( 9/11/17) Sarasota County and the city of North Port will resume solid waste pickup Wednesday, Sept. 13, for customers normally serviced by Waste Management on the Wednesday schedule.
Limited landfill operations will resume 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesday, Sept. 12, to accept commercial garbage from critical facilities hauled by Waste Management and the municipalities only. The landfill will also be accepting any garbage and yard waste brought in by residential customers from all of Sarasota County.
The landfill will be operating 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Sept. 13-15, and will remain open from 5-7 p.m., for Waste Management and the municipalities only, so they can complete their routes.
The landfill will be operating 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 16, with the possibility to extend the operating period to 5 p.m.
No construction and demolition materials will be accepted at the landfill until further notice, due to damages to the construction and demolition facility.
The cities of Sarasota and Venice will start their garbage collections on Wednesday, Sept. 13.
For more information, about cleanup visit the IRMA Storm Debris page.