Discover Natural Sarasota
Did you know that Sarasota County Parks, Recreation and Natural Resources manages over 50,000 acres of natural areas? Enjoy hiking, biking or horse riding through prairie hammocks and pine flatwoods. Find the natural area park perfect for you in the list of facilities below.
For information about upcoming nature walks, go to the Calendar of Events, select “Nature Walks” from the drop down menu and click “GO.”
Updated 10/12/17 - We work hard to keep parks safe and ready for you, however these parks are currently closed. Please visit one of our many other sites and be sure to check back frequently for updates!
- Circus Hammock, 4572 17th St., Sarasota - Closed due to flooding.
- Rothenbach Park, 8650 Bee Ridge Road, Sarasota - Closed for extended period to support storm collection debris.
- The Legacy Trail: continuous ongoing maintenance - trail open.
- Please be cautious and slow down where workers are present.
- Due to excessive rains please take precautions for potential downed trees blocking the trail.
- Osprey Junction Trailhead, 939 E. Bay St., Osprey will be closed for approximately twelve months due to a road construction project.
The intersection of Laurel Road and The Legacy Trail will be closed due to the Laurel Road Utility Relocation project.Trail users will have to detour to cross east of The Legacy Trail at Mission Valley Estates. The project is expected to be completed in three months.