Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park - CLOSED due to flooding 8/16/2019Amenities:
- Dog-Friendly (leash required)
- Shelter / Pavilion
- Trail - Equestrian
- Trail - Unpaved
- Wildlife Viewing
- Natural Areas and Nature Centers
Park Hours: 6 a.m. to sunset
Activities: hiking, horseback riding and primitive camping (by reservation).
- Four miles of multi-use trails along a blackwater creek lined with century-old oaks.
- A natural area where visitors can enjoy an old Florida nature experience.
- Trailhead to Big Slough Preserve.
Campsites can be reserved up to one year in advance by calling 941-861-5000.