Old Miakka PreserveAmenities:
- Shelter / Pavilion
- Trail - Unpaved
- Wildlife Viewing
- ESLPP Sites
- Natural Areas
Return to full list >>
Please note: This location is closed due to seasonal flooding. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please visit one of our many other sites and check back frequently for updates. Thank you!
- The preserve offers visitors approximately one mile of shady, unmarked trails which are unpaved but accessible for most visitors.
- Most of the trails are primitive and rated easy.
- Water, sunblock, a rain jacket, insect repellant and sturdy shoes are recommended for walking.
- The preserve has very limited parking along the right-of-way. If space is unavailable, additional parking is located at the nearby Nokomis Community Center.
- Visitors can walk two blocks and access the preserve via walk-thru gates.