If you cannot drive to an evacuation center
Sarasota County will provide bus transportation for you and your pets (along with a limited amount of supplies) to and from a general population evacuation center.
This program is activated only when Sarasota County has a declared county emergency, an activation is ordered, and evacuation centers are opened. Transportation will be offered at designated rally points throughout the county.
Keep in mind…
- Transport will be provided by Sarasota County Area Transit and school district buses.
- Space on buses will be limited.
- Baggage is limited to two carry-on sized bags per person that can be stored under a seat or held in lap.
- Pets must be in a crate or carrier, and you must bring all pet supplies.
- Passengers cannot specify what shelter they will be transported to.
- All transportation will cease when landfall is expected within eight hours.
Transportation Rally Points
- Beach Access
- Concession / Restaurant
- Historical / Cultural Resource
- Shelter / Pavilion
- Tennis Court
- Trail - Paved
- Transportation Rally Points
- Water Access Parks
Park Hours: 6 a.m. to midnight
- Beach access
- Two concessions
- Food and drink (including beer and wine)
- Playground onsite
- Restrooms onsite
- Raised concession (beach view)
- Historic Pavilion
- Beach wheelchair, chairs and umbrellas for rental
- Tennis Courts on site
- Weekly sunset drum circle on site
Did you know?
Siesta Beach was named No. 1 Beach in the USA!! by Trip Advisor.
We have 35-miles of beaches in Sarasota County and all of them are different!
Sarasota County is reminding all beach-goers to "pack-in and pack-out" all of the items they bring with them to area beaches, as part of a community-wide effort to keep the shorelines litter-free.