UF/IFAS Extension: Energy Upgrade Training - 4-Day Course
- Date: 02/26/2019 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Location: Administration Center
1660 Ringling Blvd.
Sarasota, Florida 34236
Class will be held in the First Floor Training Room
Are you interested in learning how to save energy and water while helping low income families in our community? Become an Energy Coach! Following our Energy Upgrade training, Energy Coaches (trainees) will be required to assist in energy education and installations to families in need throughout Sarasota County.
NOTE: IN NEED OF SPANISH SPEAKING VOLUNTEERS
Training topics include:
Energy & water conservation techniques
- How-to perform energy evaluations
- Hands on in-home energy installs
- Low and No-cost Energy Upgrade strategies
- Financial assistance for energy improvements
Course is $60 and includes 20 hours of instruction by industry experts, hands-on experience, and access to evaluation equipment. Cost includes lunch on the first day of training and an Energy Coach t-shirt upon completion.
Energy Coaches MUST attend all four training sessions:
• Feb 26 (9:00 am - 4:30 pm) Sarasota County Admin, 1st floor training
Course overview, Intro to Energy Upgrades, Energy Equity, Financial Resources and Incentives
• March 5 (9:00 am - 4:30 pm) Sarasota County Admin, 1st floor training
Energy Coach Evaluations, How-to save on energy bills, Volunteer Orientation, Fingerprinting
• March 12 (9:00 am - 4:30 pm) Sarasota County Admin, 1st floor training
Intro to Building Systems, Class lead Energy Upgrades, Intro to Green Building, Intro to Solar
• March 19 (9:00 am - 4:30 pm) Sarasota County Admin, 1st floor training, and off-site location
Off-site hands-on training and demos, Group Energy Evals, Volunteer Roles Recap
Background checks are required (fees included in course cost).
If you are interested in attending but are not availble for the dates listed, please contact SustainableSarasota@scgov.net.
If you are interested in attending but are unable to afford the course fee at this time, please contact SustainableSarasota@scgov.net.
Advance registration is required. Register early through Eventbrite.com to reserve your spot and receive notice of any changes.
For more information, contact SustainableSarasota@scgov.net or 941-861-9802.
NOTE: Classes and events may be canceled at any time due to low registration or other circumstances, with full refunds issued for paid events. Similar classes or events often are offered on future dates.