Water Quality Summit
Free Event - Register Early as Seating is Limited
- Date: 06/05/2019 1:00 PM - 6:30 PM
- Location: Riverview High School
1 Ram Way, Auditorium
- Introduction: The Sarasota County Water Quality Summit will bring together local, regional and state experts to discuss water quality issues.
The Sarasota County Water Quality Summit will bring together local, regional and state experts to discuss water quality issues. Free and open to the public, the summit will be held 1-6:30 p.m. Wednesday, June 5, in the auditorium at Riverview High School, 1 Ram Way in Sarasota.
The goal of the summit is to enhance community understanding about local and state efforts to address water quality issues. The summit will focus on the science of water quality, current programs and policies of Sarasota County and others locally, and additional action opportunities for individuals, businesses and neighborhoods.
- The science of water quality: Red tide, nutrients, landscape and wastewater systems
- What is being done to improve water quality: Local government and nonprofit past and future projects
- How you can make a difference: Business, neighborhood and individual actions
- State policy update: Policies, plans and results from the latest Florida legislative session
Speakers are from Sarasota County and local cities as well as Mote Marine Laboratory, Sarasota Bay Estuary Program, University of Florida, Southwest Florida Water Management District, state legislators, agencies and more.
Plan to join us at the Sarasota County Water Quality Summit.
The event is free, but seating is limited and registration is required.
Register at scgwaterqualitysummit.eventbrite.com to save your spot.
Eventbrite link to register: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2019-sarasota-county-water-quality-summit-registration-58601424438
For more information about the summit, please call 941-861-5000.
More details coming soon.
Water Quality Poster: https://www.scgov.net/home/showdocument?id=40814
Water Quality Fact Sheet: https://www.scgov.net/Home/ShowDocument?id=40254